Well.....For the seven people that bought Self Made Vol. 1, you should know how this power team operates. They have hard hitters (Rick Ross) Temper tantrumers, (Meek Mill), and fake wise guys (Wale). Thats a great mix. This new album however adds an interesting element; It has the pop locking, Chris Bosh cousin Omarion. Does that mean it's going to be a little popper than the first one? Lets take a look in my newest review. LEGOOOOOO!!!!
1. Power Circle (3/5)
- OOOOOOOO....So you think you can have a soulful beat, a bunch of talented artists, and secretly put out a lazy ass song?
- If you want interested listeners why would you start the album with Gunplay?
- I mess with Stalleys Verse hard! He's so gutter! He reminds me of that homeless guy that dances for a dollar....Probably cause he looks homeless. They say never judge a book by it's cover....Well what if the book has no cover, its been ripped off and has dirt marks all over it? That's Stalley!
- Classic Wale. Only guy that rapped accordingly to the beat.
- Meek Mills verse - Meh!
- Kendrick Lamar - I think this clown is overrated! He's slightly better than Cory Gunz....ANd I think Cory Gunz sucks. All you Kendrick Lamar fans, Tell me one thing you've learned from a verse from him?
2. Black Magic (3.5/5)
- Typical Meek Mill and Rick Ross Song. Beat sounds like something from a horror movie. Rick Ross on the chorus as usual, and that same Ace Hood Flow. I like the concept though.
- Why does Rick Ross always think he's someone? "David Copperfield", "Tupac", "MC Hammer", "Big Meech"....Even himself on that song called "this me"! This dude needs therapy...He needs to find himself.
3. This Thing of Ours (5/5)
- I love the BEAT! LOVE IT! The Casio 1985 Toy Piano sound is classic!!!!
- Rick Ross finally raps on this track. It's classic Rick Ross flow too.
- I don't like Omarion's voice for this song. Needs a little more bass! Cause it sounding a little like Nicki Minaj Super Bass Bass!
- Nas verse is horrendous...Can do without him. Honestly, Nas has not put up a good verse in over a decade.
4. All Birds (4/5)
- Once again the beat on this track is sick!
- Rick Ross raps again, and is thug with it. I believe his killing!
- French Montana on the chorus......JEEZ The Chorus is SO HARD (No Homo) I mess with French Montana man (It was kinda hard to tell when French Montana's verse started, but it's all good lol)
- Birds. These are like the Super Birds brothers. They talk about birds and drugs like its Their profession......
5. Actin' Up (2/5)
- Never been a fan of the Opera music sound that some people use on their tracks.
- Meek Mill verse = YAWN Wale = YAWN French Montana = Huh? The hell is this hakeem Olajouwan ass n---a talking bout?
- The Chorus is awful.
- The song is extremely "skippable"
6. Fountain Of Youth (3/5)
- Real chill song.
- Stalley be goin' in. He might be my 2nd favorite rapper in MMG for real.
- Which one is Stalley and which one is Nipsey Hussle? They sound the exact same.
- Fountain of Youth has nothing to do with the topic...Sorta like Programming has nothing to do with Math (IT people understand)
7. I Be Puttin on (3/5)
- WHOA! R-O-S-C-O-E is on this track?!!!! YESSSSSS!!! He's the modern day Nate Dogg! He be killin' verses lately.
- Mark my word this song will be a club hit!
- Wale killed it, Wiz was neeh (meaning decent). French Montana actually had the best verse in my opinion....I doubt ill ever say that again.
8. The Zenith (3/5)
- Omarion makes the song sound a little too poppish. Ill say it again, I don't like this guys voice for this album.
- Wale: Not Seattle but they tryna steal my Thunder! (Good One)
- Rick Ross killed his verse too. The song is blah!
9. M.I.A. (4/5)
- Ok, Omarion sounds a little better for this song. Its a lot more smoother.
- I like this track! really smooth!
- I know what you're thinking the whole time...Is Wale going to kill it??? Definitely disappointed, it was a lazy verse by him in my opinion.
10. Bag Of Money (4/5)
- I Like this song! It takes some getting used to with T-Pain's annoying ass, but once you get passed it, it's a good song. What was T-Pain thinking? O woah ew woah? What is this? Some type of 1960's doo wop? damn Jigga!
- Most gangsterous line of all time...."She gon ride this d--k I had a long day"! I want you to grab your girl and say that to her.....Negro she would either like it, or commit a Flagarant foul 2 On your ass!
- Rick Ross killed the chorus in my opinion for real.
11. Let's Talk (2/5)
- Biggie called...He said when he sees Omarion and Rick Ross on the street he's gonna slap the hell out of them for associating his voice with this nonsense. What is the point of using his sample?
- This is starting to sound like Omarion presents Billboards greatest pop albums. Over here making Word up!/Right on Magazine records! N---a this is Maybach Music Compilation not the Billboard top songs of 2012 Album.
12. Black On Black (3/5)
- Ironically Gunplay starts the Album off, but you don't hear from him again until the 12th song LOL Kinda reminds me of Robert Horry.....Non existent, but when it comes to the fourth quarter he shows up, makes a shot, and becomes non existent again.
- Ok....If the song says Gunplay ft. Bun B and Ace Hood that must mean 17 people got shot and 15 people got stabbed in route to the studio.
- Am I the only one that thinks Bun B tries to hard to rhyme words?
13. Fluorescent Ink (4/5)
- Good Song. It's a typical Maybach music sound! Wale on the chorus!
- Stalley killed it again.
- Nothing really to say....Solid song
14. Bury Me a G
- Rick Ross Yellin'! Damn I miss that! lol he hasn't yelled like this since MC Hammer.
- T.I. talking about Guns!!!! WHOA I haven't heard that since King.
- Well this is just a throwback song I guess! Even the title sounds throwback....Bury me a G! Who says that anymore?
Overall it's not an album album, so you can't be disappointed by it's tracks.
It is just the right dose of everyone on it. It's enough Meek Mill, It's enough Wale, Its just enough Gunplay which is pretty much no Gunplay. It's a good mix/collaborative album. If you were grading the album in terms of listenability it's definitely a decent album. If you're comparing it to different albums, it doesn't bode too well. Well I'm kinda comparing albums on my Honest review, and it's just decent.